10.16.2012

Sweet As Pie

After our journey to the pumpkin festival this weekend,
I couldn't get pumpkin pie out of my brain. 
But because of a dairy allergy, 
I often have to walk past things that every ounce of my heart wants to eat.
So I promised the hubby I would make a pumpkin pie that we could all enjoy.
I wish I could take credit for the recipe but in all honesty it's straight from this box:
I always know Fall has officially arrived when this little box makes its appearance,
but I had never paid attention to the pumpkin pie recipe on the side...
and since I owed our family a pie I thought why not give it a go.
The results my friends were DELICIOUS! 
Seriously, one of the best pumpkin pies I have had.
(Ok, maybe I am bias but really it was that good).
 No, that is not Pac-Man, my fork was just quicker than the camera.
The recipe is 4 steps making it ridiculously easy and the only thing I altered was replacing a can of pumpkin with a can of pumpkin pie mix. 
The box clearly stated to NOT use pumpkin pie filling, 
but it was all I had and rules are just so fun to break.
If you want your taste buds to thank you, than make this!
Your home will smell like Fall and your family will adore you.

Dairy-free Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients:
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I omitted this since I used pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 tsp salt
1 can pumpkin (or if you're a rule breaker like me, use pie filling)
1 9 inch pie crust
1 1/4 cups silk pumpkin spice pie

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and silk. Whisk in sugar spice and salt.
add pumpkin and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour into pie crust.
4. Bake 15 minutes, then turn down the oven to 350 and bake for 40-50 minutes
5. Thank me for sharing this delicious little non-dairy secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment