9.11.2012

Never Forget

On a day like today, I can't help but become nostalgic.
I wish I could say it was the type of nostalgia filled with sweet aromas and laughter,
but it's not, and I bet you can remember exactly where you were today too.
I wish today wasn't forever engrained in my memory along with those other "days I'll never forget",
but it is, and because of that it will always hold a place in my heart.
11 years ago today, on Sept. 11th I was in a completely different place in my life.
I wasn't a mother, in fact when the towers were hit....I ran to my own mother, confused and scared. 
And now I am a mother myself, with a tiny to protect and comfort in moments of confusion.
Life changing moments such as Sept. 11th change people,
and even 11 years later I can't help but wonder why things like that happen.
I have always been highly sensitive to life's unfortunate events and since having Lucia, I can barely watch the news without feeling defeated.
But now that I'm a mother I wrestle with finding the right balance for tiny.
I don't want her to be oblivious to the world, but I don't want her to walk around in fear either.
I try daily to only exude positive energy to her. 
I refuse to let the negativity of others affect our life.
I promise her daily to do my best to protect her, love her, and nurture her with all my heart.
On a day like today, I am reminded to cuddle her a little longer, Kiss her a little extra,
and tell her I love her a million and 1 times.
I hope you do the same with your loved ones!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment