2.22.2012

A Growing Garden

 I recently won a gift basket from my very favorite local gift shop Thank You Mama,
and these little veggies inside got me to thinking...
Watching my daughter change and grow has been,
well, harder than I thought it would be. 
It's not that I don't want her to grow,
it's just that I am saddened to know that once she passes a stage,
it's long gone, never to be seen again,
and quickly replaced by something new.
But somehow the little smiley face on the plush organic cotton grown carrot,
made me feel a little better. 
I know I can't stop time,
 and I love day dreaming about how my own little carrot will grow.
I pray that she grows strong in both mind and spirit.
I pray that she grows a giant heart full of love just like her papa's,
and most of all I pray that she grows into her own person,
that she doesn't let any "weeds" get in her way.
 May you continue to grow,
 and your garden always be full of love Lucia.




1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Such a cute pic! I can't wait to see her again. Calling you this week...miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete